January 14, 2014

DIY: extremely cute shoe boxes

HEY!! I haven't posted much..I know. And I'm not going to promise you'll see more of me, but I can promise I'll try. Because I really, truly have missed posting 2-3 times a week. Tonight I have a DIY for you! It's not very original..but very cute you must admit. Annnd just as easy. I don't have exact instructions, because I didn't follow any myself. My style lately has been "Wing it" ;) But if you have any questions..please feel free to ask. Read on!

 Oh my gosh. Aren't these just so cute?!

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

  • Used shoe box
  • 2 sheets of 12"x12" scrapbooking paper (I used almost 2 sheets for each box)
  • Scissors 
  • Tape 



 Set your box on it's side. Lay your 1st piece of paper on top, leaving about 1 inch of extra paper on each side. Cut extra off.
 You COULD use a ruler, like I should have. But I like doing things the hard way sometimes. ;)
 As you can see..I have about 1" of extra paper to fold into the box AND under the box. Tape both securely. (as shown)
 You'll probably have extra on the short side of your box, so just fold it under itself and secure with tape.

I cut a small slit in my paper so I could cleanly fold down the paper inside my box. And tada! You're done! I basically did the same thing for each side of the box, so just follow my (probably a little confusing?) steps until you have your whole box covered paper. And enjoy! I used my boxes to hold my socks..but you could use them for so much more. CD case holders, Letter/card storage, craft supplies...anything goes. Well, almost anything! Let me know if you liked this DIY..And if you'd like to see more posts like this on the blog!
Thanks for reading. You're the best.
post signature

1 comment :

  1. This is adorable! I'll have to try it, being a box addict, of course. :p


    ~ Country Girl's Daybook
    recently posted: Please, please, join me in prayer for a miracle. -> http://bit.ly/1dOBHsG

    ReplyDelete