February 23, 2014

a minnesota blizzard // outfit post

Hey lovelies!

If you ever wanted to know what a Minnesota blizzard looks like, here ya go. I do think snow is beautiful...It really is. But I'm also at that point in winter where I'm yearning for spring. For those tulips to spring up from the moist soil. To see the trees with tiny leaves when I look out my window every morning. Growth. Promise. That smell that only we can sense when it's that certain time of year. Rain instead of snow. Until that happens..I will try to be content with having snow piles as high as my hips. ;) I will not let the "winter blues" get to me. This is one of my favorite little quotes lately..

"Start each day like it's your birthday." 

So that's what I'll do. 
photo credits: THERE IS: Photography

 // WEARING //

Brown coat // Abercrombie & Fitch (thrifted)
Pink button down // Express (thrifted)
Knitted scarf // homemade 
Gold sparkly belt // borrowed 

post signature

16 comments :

  1. Ah! So cute. And I've never seen a Minnesotan blizzard before. :P Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! hahha well..now you have! :D

      Delete
  2. Argh! (yes, I am turning into a pirate:)) That's adorable! I have seen Kansas blizzards before, but not a Minnesota one!
    p.s. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I use a Canon XXI, but most of my outfit post pictures are taken by my dear sister who happens to be a photographer. She uses a Canon 60D. #highlyrecommend ;) (ohh..and I use LR photoediting)

      Delete
  3. You are gorgeous. :) And I know EXACTLY how you feel about snow and spring... We've got those huge piles and feet of snow here in Michigan too. And while I like winter I feel like it's time for spring now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORBZZZ. Love this outfit! (And your hair is stunning, too.) ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: Catholic beauty & our student chapel: http://bit.ly/1c4jBmC

    ReplyDelete
  5. heyy you're pretty adorbs yourself! but thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf, and your hair is really amazing by the way :) This is the first time I've seen your blog, and I must say I'm looking forward to your next posts!
    xx
    Brooke Jordan

    http://lifeisaconstantjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet. :) I look forward to reading your blog, too!!

      Delete
  7. Oooooh, swoon. The bright pink, girl. The bright pink button-down. *desperately tries not to covet neighbor's said goods* I LOVE IT. Your blog is so sweet... Can't wait for more posts! God bless! Peregrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...if I wasn't totally in love with it I'd give it to you. (so sorry..you'll have to find your own ;) ) Thanks girly!

      Delete
  8. All that snow looks lovely! Sadly, we have't had any in Texas. C'est la vie! I love your pairing of fuchsia + blue...bright colors are so happy during cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen sister..amen. Although the snow is gorgeous, I do wish spring would hurry it up just a tad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are so lovely! The snow is just magical, and YOU are gorgeous. ♥ God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* thank you, lovely! God bless you.

      Delete