June 7, 2014

gluten free chocolate mug cake

Ingredients needed:

3 tbs almond flour
3 tbs coco powder
2 1/2 tbs honey 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 egg
2 tsp milk  
a dash of salt 
a dash or two of cinnamon 
a sprinkle of chocolate chips (optional) 

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together until smooth, and pour into a microwavable mug. Bake inside of a microwave for about 90 seconds, depending on how gooey you like it.


This recipe is surprisingly good, and super filling! I found the recipe here but I added milk so it'd be a little more moist, and I might even add another teaspoon next time. The wonderful thing about simple recipes like this is that you can change it to your preferences! I like my cake moist + rich. So I'll defintly add more milk and chocolate next time.


Love,
Abbey



11 comments :

  1. Why yes, of course you make tasty looking chocolate things while I'm away. WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME LIKE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. It's my ploy to get you back as soon as possible. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful - that looks so delicious...great post, dear...wanna make me a mug like that and deliver it to South Africa? ;)
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! hahaa..well I'd just love to! what's the address? ;)

      Delete
  3. That looks so amazing!! D'you think the measurements would be the same if one were to make it with gluten? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it tastes amazing, too! ;) I think so..I was thinking about trying to make it with gluten this week. If you do try with gluten, let me know! I'd love to know how it turns out.

      Delete
  4. um. Um. UUHHHHMMM. I need to make this. Today. Right now. My family's been gluten free for a little over a week now haha. Are you doing gluten free right now, too? This looks amazing!! <3 <3 <3

    -- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm YES you do! ;) haha. Yes, I've been gluten free for a few years now! We're running low on almond flour, so I want to try using a basic gluten free flour mix. It could be a major fail or a great discovery! ;)

      Delete
    2. OH MY GOSH THAT WAS AMAZING. I THINK YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE!!!!! I also loaded mine with cool whip and some chocolate syrup. YOU GUYS NEED TO SERIOUSLY TRY THIS!!!

      -- Rachel

      Delete
    3. hahaha, well thanks for the positive feedback!! ;) I'm so glad you liked it!

      Delete