June 4, 2014

real life wednesday


Can you believe it's June fourth already?! I'm absolutely adoring all the warm, sunny weather! I've taken a few swims in the lake right next to our house, which were pretty enjoyable. I've also been loving posting pictures daily on my Facebook page, for the June Photo Challenge. Today I couldn't bring myself to wake up before sunrise to take pictures (am i the only one who dislikes waking early?), so i posted a lovely sunset picture instead. Two sunset pictures in a row sounds just marvelous to me, and I'll get plenty of precious sleep. ;) Photo credits go to my photographer sister for capturing this gorgeous shot. Aren't talented sisters just so amazing? You can view the post along with two other photos from this shoot on her blog, Within the Grey.

1. I've been working on an upbeat playlist on spotify, titled go. I like listening to upbeat music in the summertime, when i'm partying it up (ya know...dancing by myself ;) ) or when I'm attempting to be productive. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! 

2. I just adore pinning lovely pictures + quotes on pinterest, especially on my summer board. I'm in love with this hat and the overall beachy look. SO cute!

3. I've been itching to watch Pride & Prejudice, so maybe I'll find the time to watch it this weekend. Also..can we just fangirl over this?! Ooh...Mr. Darcy. 

4. While we're on the subject of fangirling, lets just take a moment to obsess over these two gifs of Chris Evans. 1 & 2. How adorable..right? gah.

5. I really want to start reading more, so I think it's about time to visit my library and take a stack or two home. #bookworm. I'm thinking Pride & Prejudice (big surprise!) and LOTR. What else should I read, girls?

xoxo,
abs

9 comments :

  1. I vote you should read The Book Thief. And then watch the movie. And then read The Princess Bride (unabridged). And then watch the movie. And then read Anne of Green Gables. And then watch the movie.

    Come back for more when you're done with that. :p
    Country Girl's Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm..I have wanted to read all of those. Especially The Book Thief! Thanks for the ideas, Iris!

      Delete
    2. Oooh! I like the way you think Iris. I'm gonna steal this list too!! (Only I read The Princess Bride and was hardly impressed, but it was several years ago when I did & I'm wondering I read the shortened version...that could have been the reason for disliking it.)

      I'm a huge fan of Anne but never read more than the first book. That ought to change!!

      Delete
  2. Love love love your photos! Mine are bleh compared to yours:(
    Read The Selection by Kiera Cass. It's amazing. Esther meets futuristic America. So good. ♥
    Mady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks girl! That means a lot. I'm sure your pictures are just wonderful! I'd love to see, if you decide to post them. :) Okay..thanks! I'll have to add that to my reading list.

      Delete
  3. pretty picture!!! and now you have me wishing i had time to watch pride and prejudice right now!! such a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, julia! ohh yes..I adore it. but I might just watch psych instead. ;)

      Delete
  4. you should definitely read Divergent... :) I love that photo, it's beautiful.
    your posts are brilliant.
    Tane ♥
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i have! don't judge, but I wasn't a fan. ;) haha. but thanks for the suggestion! and thank you for your kind words..they are much appreciated. ♥

      Delete