August 21, 2014

classy and just a little bit sassy



I'm totally in love with this classy, yet fun outfit. I bought the dress a couple of months ago at a thrift store for $8.00 which was a great deal, but the hemline was incredibly short. After brainstorming, my sister had the brilliant idea to sew on a strip of this lovely fabric to make the hemline more modest. The best part? I paid .50 cents for the fabric because it was from an old curtain! I also found these ADORABLE heels at a thrift shop for $3.00. I added a navy belt that I already had in my closet, and tada! A modest, classy, and very very cute outfit for only $13.00 in total, after buying some coral thread at Joanne's. Thank you so much to my big sister for sewing my dress together, because lets face it..I'm not the most talented seamstress. ;)

xoxo,
abbey

8 comments :

  1. The color! The lace! The shoes! I think I need to go shopping now. Absolutely love this post+dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you lovely! ♥ I wish we could go shopping together..how fun would that be? :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word! Stop being so cute, kay?
    (jk. Your'e adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously so cute! ♥ I am in love with those heels! Great Thrift store finds is the best feeling ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well thank you! ♥ Gah, I know right!? SUCH a great feeling. ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this. ♥♥ Classy is definitely the way to my heart, and a coral fit-and-flare dress is seriously perfection in the preppy world. You're beautiful, Abbey. (Ps - just catching up on commenting, after having been away, and I LOVE your new blog layout thing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, to mine too! ;) Thank you...sweet girl! You're too kind. ♥ ♥

      Delete