August 22, 2014

friday favorites


  • Hello lovelies! Today I'm writing my very first Friday favorites post! I'm not exactly sure where I'll be going with this, whether I'll keep on writing real life Wednesday posts or start writing posts like this every Friday. This little bloggy of mine passed a milestone, just a couple of weeks ago was my blog's first anniversary. Yes, I almost wrote about how much I've enjoyed this "creative outlet" of mine, and how I've loved posting outfit pictures, pinterest inspiration, or just the ups and downs of my life in the past year. I've grown so so much..in my faith especially. Everyday He showers me with his unending love & blessings. (I have also grown much taller, as most close friends and family have noticed ;) Anyway, I was too caught up in life to post anything on the special day. I'm certain countless bloggers out there can relate..yes? 
  • As a few of you know (either older followers or facebook friends) this sweet lady is my best friend. She's been here for me for four years..she's the girl I've told every secret, every dream, and she's the one I go to for advice. I got to spend an entire day with her this week, which was incredibly fun. She's someone I honestly see myself still being friends with when we're all grown up..with husbands and maybe even a few children of our own. Some might think that this is a little naive..but when you've practically shared your soul with someone as amazing as this girl, you know your friendship is for life. Even if I live in some crazy place like Spain + she lives in Russia. (those countries were totally picked at random..y'all.) Her name is Arianna. And she's my best friend.
  • Close Your Eyes by Michael Buble on Grooveshark This song has been on repeat all week. Thank you Michael for having such a wonderful voice. Kaythanksbye.
  • I've always liked how fancy + feminine lipstick is, and just recently I've been trying to find a shade that's both flattering and cheap. I'm pretty happy with a bright red shade I found at Walmart for about $2 bucks. Score! Obviously I'll only wear it for photoshoots, or formal parties. I wouldn't wear it to church because HELLO. I'm deathly afraid of getting lipstick on my priest's fingers because I take communion the traditional way. This is completely irrational, but most of my fears are. ;)
  • I've been watching Once Upon a Time again with my sister, and I'm totally obsessed. I can't wait for season four to come on Netflix!
  • I'm getting crazy excited for fall, which is my favorite season of the year. Cozy + slouchy sweaters, chai tea lattes, crisp apples, perfect weather...YES PLEASE. I have a few really fun autumn themed posts in the works!
  • I'm definitely keeping this in mind if I ever get a boyfriend.. ;) hehe.


I hope you guys are having a happy week..thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog..it makes my heart happy when you comment such sweet things! 

xoxo
abbey

12 comments :

  1. Y'all are so cute! Happy anniversary!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with me not living at home this week is that you have noooo idea how hard i laughed after reading that pin. So flipping hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...well I can't wait until you come home!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogaversary! That song is now on my repeat list ;) I looovvveee Autumn! I literally start planning fall funess in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! ♥ Oh gosh..isn't it amazing?? haha..I do too..sista!

      Delete
  4. Michaelllllllllllll. What an angel. Swoonage. Love those pictures of you and your bestie. :)

    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey dude, I totally understand about the lipstick on the priest's fingers. It's low risk, but seriously high consequence --- imagine if you DID get bright red lipstick on his fingers. #awkward ;) You're awesome. And that lipstick is rockin'. And Michael Buble is rockin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahha...girl, your comments always make me laugh SO HARD and totally make my day. ♥ I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought of that...though. Seriously! That would be mega awkward. Thank you so much..lady! You're pretty rockin! ;)

      Delete