August 16, 2014

lets go on a road trip

hey all you lovely people! i promised a long post of pictures from my camping trip..and here they are! also, this catchy song by sara bareilles was playing on the radio at least 5 times a day. seriously. so i decided it was appropriate for this post! enjoy.

firstly, we drove a couple of hours to beautiful (seriously..GUYS. it was gorgeous.) wisconsin, where we set up camp for a night and attended a very happy wedding. here are just a few pictures i took while driving through.

 GAH. SO GORGEOUS. (also..lots of cows.)

the next day we traveled a few more hours to a larger campsite by the st. croix river. we spent a considerable amount of time at the beach, which was totally fine with me. sunshine makes my heart happy!
 points to anyone who knows who this adorable lady with the camera is.
 have you ever seen orange sand before? so bizarre.
 we were "lucky" enough to play in the emptied lake the day before they filled it in again. lots of mud..people. and lots of fun too. ;)
 isn't she a doll?! this little gem is one of my sisters, lucy.
 umm..can we say cuteness overload?
 oh boy. you guys should really be proud of me for climbing that many steps. ;)
 the view was absolutely amazing..so worth the 160-some steps.
 not to brag or anything, but i'm kind of impressed about how many freckles are on my face.
 we camped by the st. croix river this year, and it was really pretty. we didn't get a chance to canoe sadly, but maybe next year.
 QUESTION: does anyone eat their watermelon sprinkled with salt? I've never eaten it any other way, but I'm curious.
 this is my babe/watermelon face. am i dorky? YES.
note: they finally did fill the lake!
 one of our camping traditions is a meal we call "hobo dinner" which is potatoes, carrots, hamburger, and onions fried together over a fire. so delicious.
 BREAKFAST. yummy.
 on our way home we picked up a few treats from TJ's..and maybe, just maybe got a little hyper. it totally wasn't the sherbet.
photo via mariah

xoxoxo,

abbey noelle 

19 comments :

  1. Gosh, your just so pretty Abbey! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you're way, way too sweet! thank you, grace! ♥

      Delete
  2. Awesome photos!
    I must say I have never eaten watermelon with salt, I must try it some time:)
    -Kat// (Almost) Completely Mad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ♥ ohh you must try it. the salt brings out the sweetness in the water melon. which in turn creates an explosion of flavor. ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw geez. These pictures are perfection. I'm revoking your camera privledges so you don't get any more talented... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's totally your fault! your talent rubbed off on me. but seriously.. you have nothing to worry about. i'll always be your little grasshopper. ;)

      Delete
    2. ugh I know it's my fault. LOOK AT THE MONSTER I CREATED. ;)

      Delete
  4. These pictures are so pretty! I went to Wisconsin with my family this summer, too! I was a little surprised by how pretty it was - I loved it! Looks like it was so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thank you so much girl! :) really? that's so fun!

      Delete
  5. I love your photos and I love your family. <3 That looks like SO much fun. And the food. Your photography is so bright and airy... Wisconsin looks so beautiful! (And I think I get brownie points. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH! Your entire family is too cute! Love all the photos and selfies - your watermelon face is bae;)
    I too am impressed with the amount of freckles you have-I hardly got any this summer:(
    Thanks for sharing all these amazing pictures!♥ Do not be surprised if I pin them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA..girl, you make me laugh so hard. oh that's sad! this year i've definitely gotten a lot of sunshine. :) p.s i wrote you an email! ♥

      Delete
  7. I love you so much, Abbey. This post just brightened my day because of sheer awesome and family loveliness and beach and drive and corn and yes... And I love your freckles.
    (Heeeyyy Wisconsin. Shoulda stopped by and said hi to me. xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE YA too, girl! ♥ gosh, yes. i would have loved to meet you!

      Delete
  8. COWS. I love cows. These pictures are so gorgeous... So crisp and clear. :) Thanks for sharing your adventure. <3
    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't cows just awesome?! seeing them just adds to my love of cheese. ;) thank you, iris!

      Delete
  9. These are such gorgeous, lovely pictures! Your family looks so awesome and it looks like you had an amazing trip. :) oh I just love camping and lakes and beaches and watermelon... though I guess I need to try it with salt someday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kathryn!! ♥ oh gosh yes..camping is the BOMB. so fun! ♥

      Delete