August 28, 2014

rainy days are some of the best of days



Rainy days are some of the best days of all. It's a day for warm, spicy food that fills your nose with the scent of heaven. (I'm assuming heaven smells like Mexican food?) A day that calls for a soft, cozy sweater and my favorite floral shorts. A day that's just perfect to sit on your bed quietly journaling, listening to the rain softly patter on your window...as if saying hello. It's also the perfect day to hang out with a best friend you rarely ever get to see. I love how easily you can change the subject with a close friend without it ever getting awkward. Laughing one moment and talking seriously the next. So yes..I do quite enjoy rainy days.



16 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely beautiful. And I agree. Rainy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I agree...rainy days are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the summer weather, but I have to say that fall/winter are my favorite times! I can't wait to wear big sweaters, boots, scarfs, and pumpkiny things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I totally agree! Autumn is just lovely. :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos, gorgeous girl, and I couldn't have described rainy days better. They are the best.
    xo Rachelle // Beloved Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainy days are the best. Cuddling up in blankets, hot tea, and good books are what I live for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, that all sounds so amazing. ♥ (Books just make everything better, don't they?)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I admit I had to look up that word..hehe. (hashtag homeschooler) ;) But YES.

      Delete