September 29, 2014

autumn goodness in a mug


Okay, so you can't really put a season into a mug. But lets just forget that tiny little fact + enjoy the snazzy-ness of the title of this post anyway. Kay? Kay. So I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things about autumn is the chai tea lattes. Hello, delicious. So today I'm here to show you how to make your own! Now..since I'm such an experienced chef (sarcasm), most of my recipes I don't measure and just dump while thinking "Ehh...yep. That's enough." But I'm also pretty skilled at guessing how much I added, so here's the basic recipe. (I totally promise it'll turn out fine...hehe)

Chai tea latte for one

one chai tea bag
1/4 cup hot water 
1/2 cup milk from a cow
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
sugar or honey to taste (or both..)

place your tea bag into desired mug + add hot water. let steep for at least 3 minutes. while your tea is steeping add milk to a small saucepan and slowly heat until desired warmth. remove from heat and add all spices, vanilla, and sugar/honey. whisk until incorporated. add milk mixture to hot tea + stir. feel free to add extra vanilla, suagr, or cinnamon and enjoy!


9 comments :

  1. Sweetness! Hehe, I just dump things in too when I'm cooking. ;) I am SO trying this recipe!
    And those pictures are too adorable. <3 God bless, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh...it's so much fun though. ;) Thank you! God bless you. ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh this is too perfect. Chai lattes are the loveliest. I need to try this. (like, today)

    Also: "milk from a cow". Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chai lattes are so perfectly good. ♥ Hahaha..so glad I put a smile on someones face!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have to admit it's really, really good. Thanks for the comment! ♥

      Delete
  4. I will have to try this once I get home over break since I don't have most of these things here with me. :P Thank you for sharing, dear!

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadness! But you're most welcome, Emily. ♥

      Delete
  5. I am currently drinking my very first chai tea latte, made with this recipe. It is positively magical! :) Many, many thanks, Abbey.

    ReplyDelete