October 9, 2014

CYW book club // week one


Hey! I was so excited to be a part of this lovely book club Laura from The Catholic Young Woman started, but I sadly got caught up with life and missed the first week. Thank goodness for Amazon's two day shipping, though! ;) Since I wont have the book for a couple of days, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Abbey, and I blog here at Miss Abbey Noelle. I'm a sixteen year old girl from Minnesota and I have a passion for modest fashion + photography. I love spending afternoons cuddled under blankets reading my favorite novels, with a warm cup of hot chocolate or a chai tea latte. I also adore hoop dancing, watching my favorite show Downton Abbey, and baking. I'm Roman Catholic, and I'm constantly learning about what it truly means to be a woman of God. So far I've learned that you can dress modestly without giving up on being cute and stylish, that guys treat you differently when you wear flattering, yet modest clothing, and act like the young lady God created you to be. One of my favorite quotes from the wise Jason Evert that I remember when I'm feeling discouraged (I'm sure all of us girls have been there once or twice!) is this: 

"When a culture of ladies arises, a culture of gentlemen will follow." -Jason Evert

I actually got to hear Jason speak a couple of weeks ago, and the experience is one I'll never forget, because it was a moment of raw realization of my faith. When I prayed with a hundred of other teens with Jason leading us, I'd never felt so close to Jesus before during prayer. I felt like I could push all of my emotions out (both the good and bad) and pour my heart out to Him. I cried. My silent words were a jumble, so I just cried and let God help me with the rest. Since then, I've realized how pointless for a girl my age to "like" guys who aren't even close to being worthy of God's daughter. Me. I think I can speak for all you girls out there, that we constantly need to be reminded that God will be the first man in our life, and perhaps for some of you, the only man, besides your Father here on earth. And He loves us so much, that He only wants the best for us. For other ladies, this means a Godly man who will always love Jesus more then you. A man who isn't selfish, who will care for you and protect you, and most importantly, help you to get to Heaven. Another thing, I've had so much help in this journey from some really incredible women role models, like Saint Therese, Saint Maria Goretti, and Our Blessed Mother. I consider these strong women of God my friends, and reading their stories helps me to be more holy + courageous. So these are just some small thoughts of mine, and I can't wait to get this book in the mail and join this lovely book club!



6 comments :

  1. This looks like quite the interesting book. Saints + womanhood = awesomeness. :)

    PS
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, just so you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! And I totally agree. Saints are the bomb. ;) Thanks, dear!

      Delete
  2. So glad you're joining the book club! I love that quote by Jason, what a wise guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yeah..he's a pretty fantastic guy.

      Delete
  3. I really need to order this book! Lovely thoughts... <3

    ReplyDelete