December 20, 2014

Finding Yourself // guest post

Today I wanted to share with you some inspirational sayings from some classy ladies...


“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” -Coco Chanel 
"We are women, and my plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is.” -Elisabeth Elliot 

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.” ― Audrey Hepburn 

 "A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt 

"Elegance is the beauty that never fades."  
-Audrey Hepburn 

“No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.”  
― Eleanor Roosevelt 

“I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it. ” 
― Marilyn Monroe 

“Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman but loose enough to show you're a lady”  
― Marilyn Monroe 

"Why do women want to dress like men when they’re fortunate enough to be women? Why lose femininity, which is one of our greatest charms? We get more accomplished by being charming than we would be flaunting around in pants and smoking. I’m very fond of men. I think they are wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don’t want to look like one. When women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error…” 
-Tasha Tudor 

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels.” -Ann Richards 

“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” 
― Margaret Thatcher

3 comments :

  1. I love these quotes! Thanks for stopping by. I recently got a new lens for my camera and I am loving the way the pictures look now. Thanks so much for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these quotes! Just stumbled across your pretty blog, keep up your nice work!

    ReplyDelete