December 17, 2014

What it Means to be a Young Woman of God // guest post


Welcome to day 2! If everyone has there preferred drink of choice (I'm having a hot cocoa) then lets get started!

Being a woman is such an awesome privilege! Contrary to a lot of beliefs, it is a joyous time to be a woman! But I think that so many young woman today especially in the Church don't understand what their role is. Because of that they start letting all those outside voices of the world creep into their thoughts: Are people going to accept me or think I’m cool enough if I say this, or wear this? Does my hair and make-up look okay?  Do I fit in? Am I trying too hard?  Am I too tall, fat, short, skinny, pail, dark, curly-headed? One you understand your innate dignity as woman those things won't matter as much.

Being a young woman of God starts now! You don't have to wait till you "grow" up. I think a lot of girls associate the feminine role in the Church as for grown woman but it's not. You as a young woman actually have even more opportunities because of your age. High school, College, even post grad is a vital time in a young woman's life because those are the years of her formation, they are the years that will lay her foundation.

They are the years you will find who you are called to be.
Don't pass them up. Cherish them. They don't come back.

But what does all this mean?
How can I do this in my day to day life?
What does it mean to be the woman God has called me to be?

I don't have all the answers, because I too am trying to figure it out. But I can give you one piece of advice:
Stay true to yourself.

It is sooo important that you don't try to change your God-given personalities to fit the standards of others.

"Be you. Everyone else is taken"

While pondering these questions myself I realized that I can't do it alone. I need inspiration. I need fellow woman who are also striving to that standard of grace. 

I cannot become a woman of God if I am not first a woman after His own heart. This calling is such a vital part for society that it calls us woman into a deep intimacy with Christ. 
Christ has such a respect for women that He would never leave us. Just look at His mother. 

He is always bestowing is graces on us whether we deserve it or not. His graces come in all different forms and styles. You'll be amazed.

Proverbs 31:30. I am so fortunate to have a Proverbs 31 wife. Thank you Lord!  Good for my girls.
When you open your heart to God's grace it overflows into the many aspects of your life, and into the lives of those around you. 
 
  I'm holding myself to a standard of grace.

What does it mean for you to be a young woman?

2 comments :

  1. Great post! So many things to think about...
    To be a woman means so much more than nail polish and twirly dresses(although both are good!). To quote JP2, woman can find herself only by giving love to others. I think we can look to Mama Mary and make her our role model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twirly dresses + nail polish is definitely part of a woman's job description, but we just can't get caught up in it all. There is so much depth in femininity! Glad you enjoyed it Carey!

      Delete