December 28, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hey there, gals + guys! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Let's all take a moment to appreciate our newborn King. (!!!!!!!!!!)
Yeah it took me a couple of days to post anything Christmas related. But I guess that's one of the many perks of being Catholic, Christmas lasts a heck of a lot longer then two days. ;) I've been to mass three times this week, and it's been amaaazing. Since probably...this spring, we've been attending a new Parish (Our Lady of Mount Caramel) and our Priest is, how do I explain it? Well, dang, he's cool. The list goes on, but I love how kind he is to every single parishioner. He shakes my hand after every mass, thanks me for my prayers, and asks genuinely how I am. On top of that his sermons are rockin' and he has a pretty rad beard. #fangirlingoverapreistisntbadwhenyou'recatholic #wellmaybeitis #cantstopwontstop Anywaaay. My big brother Eric is here visiting from Michigan, and yes, he brought his girlfriend Heather. (Who is entering the Catholic church this spring! Eeek! Pray for her, would you?) And also, my grandparents from Indiana are here for a couple of days as well. Our time spent together consists of card games, eating, board games, eating, movies, eating..did I say eating?! We only eat 3 times a day, I promise..

Our family is pretty laid back when it comes to Holidays. The only time when it gets crazy is when we're getting ready for mass (one bathroom...15 people is all I gotta say), waiting for everybody to sit down so we can say grace before our meal, annnnd when we opened gifts. That gets a little hectic. But I'm pretty used to it, so it's all good. #bigfamilyprobs

I do hope you have a very Merry Christmas, I'll be praying for you! 

"Oh come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord."


                                                                  My Christmas playlist
J O L L Y by Abbey Noelle on Grooveshark

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like you're having a great Christmas!!

    I'm not Catholic, but Christmas for me lasts a lot longer than two days, too - I pretty much consider the whole month of December "Christmas"! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that's so great! I absolutely adore the Christmas season. :)

      Delete
  2. Being Catholic is awesome! So many perks! I totally know what you mean about almost feeling guilty about priest fan-girling ;) Yes so muucchh eating... M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm..yeah! Hahaha....Grace, you get me SO incredibly well. How is it that we haven't met? We must skype or something! Merry Christmas! ♥

      Delete