January 26, 2015

a blog award


Hello, dahlings! I got nominated by the ever lovely Grace from The Short End of Things the "You're amazing and so is your blog" award! Basically, I'll answer her questions, then write a few questions of my own + tag a few lovely ladies who deserve a shout-out. Here we go! 

_____________________________________________________________

What is your favorite Ice cream flavor? 
Vanilla! But if we're talking about Ben & Jerry's...my new favorite is called Karamel Sutra Core. Um, hello deliciousness.
Dream pet?
To be honest, I like animals but I've never been the girl who LOVES them. ;) But if I could have any pet, I'd probably pick a horse, because really, how cool would it be to have a photoshoot in the woods, wearing a long elegant gown leading your strong steed? 
How would you describe yourself in three words?
Quirky. Dreamy. (I like to daydream.) Annnd..well, hungry. ;) 
What's the craziest food you've ever eaten?
Beef tongue. I'm serious, it was actually delicious. (have you heard of anything that DOESN'T taste good in a taco, though?)
What would be a dream job for you? 
Being a wife + mother would give me great joy. But anything that I could do that would please Jesus would in turn please me, though. 
Do you have a favorite clothing item/shirt? 
Yes! My eShakti dress! I've been able to pair it so many ways, with cardigans..button downs, it's so nice to have classic items in your wardrobe that you can play around with.
Favorite candy?
Hm..probably just a classic chocolate bar!

 + My questions +

What is the car of your dreams?
What's your jam? (aka favorite song of all time)
Best bit of advice someone has ever given you? 
Do you prefer light, pastel colors or darker, jewel tones?
If you could go back in time, what era would you go to?
Would you rather spend a week in a busy city filled with excitement + people, or in the quiet countryside surrounded by the beauty of nature?

+ Who I tag +

Emily + Borrowing Photographs
Carrie + Timberwolf
Cayli + My Little Corner
Olivia + The cwtch
Nuala +The Primrose Lass

(and if you'd fancy being tagged, but weren't, consider yourself tagged.)

image via pinterest
Have a lovely day!

18 comments :

  1. I loved your answers! A wife+mother would be a dream job for me as well. Hmmm- beef tongue... I'm not sure if I'd like that. Then again, if it's in a taco.... :)
    Blessings!!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you just have to pretend that it's a regular beef taco instead of a cow's tongue.. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I've eaten beef tongue tons of times, too! It's absoulutely delicious and quite common to eat on Sundays in my town in Mexico. We call it "barbacoa". So, like barbecue, I guess. ;-) I am glad you like it! I don't like to see the actual tongue being cut/shred, though...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how cool! I've only enjoyed it once, but if I had the chance to eat it again I definitely would. (And I agree with you, watching tongue being cooked would make me a little queasy.)

      Delete
  3. Lovely tag. I've never tried beef tongue, but I've only heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the bike. :) It's so... springy. And bikey. ;) Congrats on the award! Beef tongue is surprisingly good - I was not told what it was when I first tried it, so I didn't get to experience the initial grossing-out until after, but once I got over it, I enjoyed it!

    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a darling image? I forced myself not to think about what I was eating, and it seemed to work. ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for tagging me! This looks so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horses are awesome animals, and those photo-shoots with them that you mentioned are so cool. High fives on the Ben and Jerry's flavor-- I'm a VTer, so I live in the land of Ben and Jerrys haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO neat! I'd love to live there someday, or at least visit!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the tag! I will definitely try to do this one since I never did post the last one you tagged me in. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot that I tagged you last time, so no hard feelings! Haha! ;)

      Delete
  8. This was so fun to read!!! I love having a classic item in my closet that I can pair with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so helpful! I've collected a couple of classic items this year, button down shirts, a black pencil skirt, and the like! Now I just need a good pair of heels. ;)

      Delete
  9. Great answers! Dream car? A royal blue VW Volkswagen Bug. Or the same thing in bright red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh cute! I love bright red cars, so cheery!

      Delete