January 4, 2015

mad for plaid // fashion photoshoot

Hey, gals!

After coming down with the flu, being so busy around the Holidays, and bad weather, I haven't had much of a chance to post a decent outfit! But hola! Today was nearly perfect for picture snapping. It was also "warm" enough to walk to the park down the street from my house for a new background...yay! Anyway, I've been in a plaid phase, and I thought I'd share one of my favorite outfits lately. Some might think this assemble is....interesting. But that in particular is what I love about fashion, it's all about taking it to the next level and stepping out of your comfort zone. As long as it's something you'd be comfortable wearing in front of Jesus, and something you truly like, rock it, girlfriend!

And by the way, if you'd take a minute to fill out this survey I created, that would be incredibly rad. Click H E R E to find it!
Ummm..and YES. MY SHOES ARE COVERED IN SNOW. #itstheminnesotanlife 
Classic by MKTO on Grooveshark
o u t f i t - d e t a i l s

Plaid top - Maurice's
Sequin knit skirt - Goodwill
Shoes - Local boutique
Watch - Target
Red bow - Homemade










31 comments :

  1. Plaid is the best. Flannel Plaid is the bestestest. ;) I'm currently waiting for a blue plaid shirt to come from Zulily, and I am probably a little more excited than I should be.

    You look adorable, as always!

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yay! Getting new tops is so exciting, especially if it's a plaid top. ;)

      Delete
  2. You are adorable and this makes me want to try plaid again. Lovelovelove it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, go for it! And thank you for your sweet comment, as always!

      Delete
  3. I looove this outfit.You look absolutely adorable and I love your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plaid and sparkles. Girl, you speak to my heart. <3 God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute. Like on the same level with newborn baby kangaroos. Which are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your compliments are always so funny + sweet. Thanks for the smile, Mady! ♥

      Delete
  6. You could rock anything, but let me just say, your fashion sense is amazing! I love this. Plaid suits you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! That was incredibly sweet of you to say. :)

      Delete
  7. This is SUCH a cute outfit! Wearing a plaid shirt with a pretty skirt really dresses it up. You look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! But I also like how I can wear this outfit to a casual event like a coffee date, too. :)

      Delete
  8. Cute outfit. You look great, the photos are lovely, and...SNOW! I want some : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! ♥ Haha, well Minnesota has plenty of it...and we're getting more tonight. Go ahead and steal some though, you wont hear me complaining. ;)

      Delete
  9. Miss Abbey!!! Okay, so I love this. Plaid is the best. Secondly - I read that you're moving to the country! *huge partying* Gah, I'm so happy for you. Country life has been one of the greatest blessings God ever gave me. :) God bless you, lovely girl! Seeing your smile always makes me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this makes me feel so much better, to be honest moving to the country sounds so scary + odd. I'm so used to being around people constantly, and if we move we'll be surrounded by fields instead. ;) But I'm still excited, despite all that. Thank you, sweet Melvina! Your comments always raise my spirits. God bless you! ♥

      Delete
  10. This outfit is just adorable! I love the plaid! + the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really cute- I like plaid!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That outfit is adorable, as are you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am fangirling over your plaid perfection! Oh and nice watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tagged you on my blog for the Winter Wasteland tag!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete