February 28, 2015

Classic red lip tutorial + style inspiration

Hey, loves! 

Today I want to talk about one of my favorite singers, Taylor Swift. Or Tay Tay, if that's more your style. (pun totally intended..) 
I started listening to her music when I was little, and although I like a lot of her old songs, I really love her new jams on 1989. Her new songs are incredibly catchy, and my favorite three would totally be Welcome to New York, Clean, and Shake It Off.

QUICK TIP: If you're looking for a good mash up, take a listen to this one that I've been playing on repeat.

Now let's talk fashion, ladies! I take a lot of style inspiration from this gal, so below I've made a list of 5 or so things you can add either to your wardrobe or beauty bag to achieve a more Taylor Swift vibe!

The pea coat - Taylor is always being caught in cozy, cute pea coats like this one.
Soft curls - I definitely took inspiration from Taylor's new short hairdo for my own, and she usually rocks it with romantic, soft curls.
Floral dresses - She also wears a lot of pretty, lady-like dresses like the one shown below.
Fun patterns - This gal is known for her patterns, especially daring stripes.
The red lip - Timeless + bold red lipstick started being a thing in the 1940's, and she rocks it with confidence. Watch below for a tutorial on how to achieve a red lip!




Thanks for watching, loves!
Abbey Noelle

13 comments :

  1. Abbey, you always are the classiest. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adore Taylor Swift's style. She always wears the cutest dresses. You look great with red lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has SUCH great style! ♥ Thanks lovely!

      Delete
  3. Taylor Swift! This is the first post I've read where someone has borrowed her style. Great post and vlog. You look really cute in red lips:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor Swift! I love that mash up between Style and Blank Space! I've subscribed to the channel! You look awesome in red lips:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it perfection? Thanks for the lovely comment. ♥

      Delete
  5. I love Taylor's music (I'm listening to 1989 right now actually), and she has amazing style! Great video, Abbie - I love the red lip look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh it's good. Thanks for the sweet compliment ♥

      Delete
  6. I can definitely see you pulling off a lot of Taylor's style. I love the red lip but don't wear it that often. (maybe I will now ;)

    ReplyDelete