March 4, 2015

In the silence of your heart


Have you ever just wanted to get away from the chaos of life and just think? Yeah..I know the feeling. Sometimes, yes, we really do need a break. Whether this be because of noisy children, too much socializing, or just a busy schedule. But a lot of the time, I'm starting to believe that this is God's way of whispering into our hearts that He'd like to spend time with us. Just as our earthly fathers want to spend quality time with us, or ask us how we're doing, our heavenly Father wishes the same. He wishes to talk to you. To help you. And how can we deny a God who loves us so incredibly much that he takes the time to talk to every single one of us, whenever we call on him..for whatever reasons? So it's extremely important to pray. Not just at mass, but everyday. If praying everyday seems like a challenge for you, start with just a couple of times a week and build up to everyday prayer. If you struggle with praying because you "just can't find the time" maybe this is the devil trying to distract you from spending time with God. So what do you do to answer the devil's antics? You pray. You pray, and ask God to protect you. The Saint Michael prayer also usually does the trick for keeping evil at bay, or simply repeating "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" until you feel peaceful in your heart once again. 

Today there was a quiet spell in my home, (I have 9 siblings, so you can understand that this is rare) and I rejoiced at the opportunity to spend a few peaceful moments with Jesus, writing to Him in my prayer journal + finishing a few pages of the religious book I'm currently reading. My heart fully opened up to Him, and it felt so fulfilling. If you haven't yet talked to Him today, go write to him. Pray a rosary. Or simply take a moment to thank him for all the blessings he has sent you. 

"In the silence of my heart, you speak.
And it is there that I will know you.
And You will know me.
In the silence of the heart
You speak."

Audrey Assad +









6 comments :

  1. How lovely Abbey! I'll have to check out that book too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey, I can totally relate to the whole rare quiet moments, and like you I treasure them. I hope you are enjoying the book!
    P.s. your journal is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know that I love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I can relate to the rare quiet spells as I have a large family too. This lent, I've been trying to add more prayer into my life..it's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this! Sometimes, we just get caught up with our day, and we cease to acknowledge God as much as we should. Your pictures are beautiful btw :)

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete