May 21, 2015

life update

Hello, loves.

I first want to thank you all so, so much for your encouraging comments and just overall love + friendship the last couple of days. Knowing I have so many lovely souls out there praying for me + my family...means so incredibly much! ♥ 


So let's start at the beginning. 

Around a week after Easter, my parents revealed to us with immense joy that my mother was expecting a baby. We of course, were extremely excited. This baby girl (my guess was another sister) or boy would be the 11th child of our family. When we found out, the baby was just a week old + the size of a chia seed. Can you imagine? Something so tiny can be so incredibly precious + loved. Life went on...but always on the back of our minds was that new baby whom we'd finally get to hold..and to love in just 9 months. 

But then earlier last week when everything seemed to be going alright, an ultrasound for my mom revealed that the baby hadn't made it. We were heart broken. We are heartbroken. Since my mom is still so weak + not feeling well, I've taken over the household for the time being. More than ever am I thankful that I've been learning how to cook + take care of children for the past couple of years! I'm honestly not sure how I would be able to do this if I hadn't been preparing myself for a family of my own someday. It's been difficult, but an adventure. I know this is a huge learning experience God has sent me, and I'm starting to accept it. Knowing that my baby brother or sister is happily in heaven with Jesus, gives me much..much comfort. And now not only do I have the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit watching over me, I also have Our Holy Mother, all the angels and saints, and my little baby sibling looking after me with immense devotion. I look forward to the day I can embrace them with thankfulness + love in Heaven. So that's my life update..loves. I still appreciate any prayers..and know I am praying for all of you!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.
Plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give 
you a hope and a future."

JEREMIAH 29:11






34 comments :

  1. You and your family are in my prayers. <3

    - Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss, dear. <3 You are all in my prayers.

    ~ The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers, dear Iris. ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. Know you and your family continue to be in my prayers. Love and hugs! <3
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, love. They mean so much! ♥ *hugs back*

      Delete
  4. I am so very sorry about you and your family's loss, Abbey. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..sweet Hannah. Your prayers mean the world to me.

      Delete
  5. That is so heartbreaking. Praying for you and your family during this hard time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, lovely. ♥ ♥

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry, Abbey! I have no idea the pain that that must be like for you guys, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm an email away. I will definitely keep your whole family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..thank you so much. I'll definitely keep it in mind, dear friend!

      Delete
  7. Abbey, I know that we don't know each other, but I just started reading you blog, and I want to tell you that I am praying for you! I've actually been thinking about how God uses bad circumstances for His glory, and what I came up with (after reading parts of Genesis 37-50) is that the world intends to harm us and tear us down, BUT GOD uses the mess of this world and transforms it into something beautiful for HIs glory and our provision! Confusing, but comforting.

    Hannah from Grace in Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much sweet Hannah! That is so incredibly true, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. ♥

      Delete
  8. Abbey, I am so sorry for you and your family. You are all in my prayers. <3 Let me know if there's anything I can do, albeit at a distance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love!! Your prayers mean the world to me. And I'll keep it in mind, thanks. ♥ ♥ ♥

      Delete
  9. I'm praying for you and your family, Abbey. You have my love and spiritual hugs, dear. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet girl. That means so much! *hugs*

      Delete
  10. Praying for your family, sweet girl!

    xoxo,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw Abbey, I am praying for you and your family! <333 And I know what it's like to lose a little unborn sibling too. :( My mom's gone through that 4 times. And while I only remember the last 2, it's just the hardest thing. But it is SO comforting to know that they're happily in Heaven, isn't it? Love, prayers, and hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that! Thank you so much for the prayers..lovely soul! And yes, it is so incredibly comforting.

      Delete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss! My prayers are with you guys
    Many hugs <3
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. All my love, darling girl <3 I can't say how thankful I am that I was/am able to be here for you sweetie. You know how much I love you, and I've been praying for you everyday <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so SO incredibly happy/thankful I have a friend like YOU! You give me so much strength and joy. Thank you. I love you, sweet girl!

      Delete
  15. I know I am late reading this, but I just wanted to tell you sweet girl that I am praying for your family. My youngest baby sibling is also in heaven - I still feel the sense of loss. But in a way it is so beautiful, especially since our babies are close to Christ. Much love, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much darling! It's incredibly sad, but also so incredibly amazing + special that our little siblings are in our Father's warm embrace in heaven together. Bless you, sweet girl.

      Delete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear this, but know that you are loved and are prayed for, sweet girl. My condolences to your family, but we must have hope that good will come of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers, sweet Samantha! And yes, good can come from anything. <3

      Delete
  17. I'm so sorry!
    I have an older brother in heaven. He died the day after he was born. I never got to meet him either. I'm sure he will be friends with you baby.
    I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are on my heart & in my prayers, my dear, and your family <3 Good for you for all the training you've received to run a household! :)

    -- Rachel

    ReplyDelete