September 10, 2015

Blog-tember | My Bucket List?

Prompt: 10 items of your bucket list. If you haven't made one, now is a good time to start!

Gosh. I've been thinking about this all day, and this post will probably be a little different than you were expecting. (What can I say, I can't help but be a rebel.) I'm going to be completely honest with you. It's not the fact that there isn't special things I'd love to do in life...trust me, there is! I'd love to travel and do crazy amazing things, but I don't want to hold myself up to a standard. I don't want to look back on the last 10 years, heck, the last 20...and after reading an old bucket list, think to myself..

"I'm such a complete failure for hardly doing anything on this list." 


I believe it is good to have goals + dreams to push yourself to do and I'm not saying you're a bad person or stupid in any way if you make a bucket list, but I don't personally agree with creating an illusion that you're going to have this perfectly adventurous life if you stick to a list. I believe that if you're doing something in your life that not only lets you grow as a person both mentally + spiritually, and is something that brings joy to yourself and most importantly to others, you're going to have a fulfilling life. The struggles you will face from time to time will be real, and they will be hard I have no doubt. But HIS grace is stronger. You need only to ask him for strength + hope, and he'll give it along with the grace to help you fight through it.. and he'll give these gifts without the slightest hesitation! Now, of course I have dreams of my own. Dreams I intend to try my very hardest to do, while centering them around Jesus. A dream of mine is to move into my own apartment in the city soon after I graduate, get a job that will pay my simple bills but not much else. I honestly just want to live a life worth living. God has put a love for people in my heart, and I want to use that gift to my best ability! It's a dream of mine to help  the people in this world full of tragedy. As a Catholic, as a Christian...I feel it is my duty to defend + love the unborn, the women who are abused + raped, the homeless, the sick, the elderly, and anyone who simply need to feel loved + wanted. Helping people is what I love. It is what I find most fulfilling. College at the moment doesn't seem to be what God wants for my life, but I'm keeping that door open. However, I don't see a point to spending thousands of dollars for a career don't plan on having. Other than that, I dream of being a wife, and a mother. To care for a husband who I adore, and adores me right on back...to support him at all costs, and to bring up our children to love one another as God has loved us. I don't expect my life to be perfect. But I do expect that He will care for me every step of the way until I am eternally happy with Him in Heaven. 


Pray for me, because God knows I am so weak and every day is a constant struggle. And know with confidence that I'll be praying for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. God Bless you. 


With much love,
Abbey Noelle 

16 comments :

  1. Yep. Totes worth the extra time you put into this. Epic post.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was well written, Abbey! Your love for God and others is truly truly admirable. I will be praying for you! =)

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so incredibly much, girl! You're a gem.

      Delete
  3. To 'live a life worth living' is pretty much the ultimate bucket list--that's what I'm after. I've always said that I want to live my life in such away so that when I'm not around anymore, people actually, genuinely miss me. That's what I try to aim everything after--serving others and making a difference in the lives around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun to meet a kindred spirit! Thank you so much for commenting, sweet Rachel!!

      Delete
  4. This was so inspiring to read Abbey! I love your view on not setting high goals. And helping people is a great way to spend life!
    "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths"-Proverbs 3:6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celine!! I adore that bible verse....thanks for reminding me of it. <3

      Delete
  5. What a neat thought! I agree that living "by a list" won't be fulfilling- I just really like lists! And I have a LOT of dreams... So for me it makes sense to put them in a list! HAHA! I love this post, it def made me think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, having lots of dreams is no problem at all. Dream big, girlfriend. Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. This is a cool post. And I'm with ya, there isn't a long list of things I want to do with my life. There are things that sound nice, things that I hope to do someday (live in France, go to a masquerade ball, get married), but I have no desire to make an official bucket list. To do lists stress me out, and I know I wouldn't ever do anything if I have a big long list of things I HAD to do before I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've been to a masquerade! So incredibly fun, and I hope you get to experience it sometime in the near future. Thanks for commenting, sweet Hannah!

      Delete
  7. This is amazing<3<3 I completely agree with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Arushee. You're a total gem.

      Delete