March 4, 2016

Fashionista Friday

Hello, beauties! 


Goodness gracious it's been ages since I've actually written something here on this happy little space of mine! But sometimes a girl has to take a break to live her life + breathe. (And maybe listen to some Disney music?) But I'm so happy to finally be blogging again with hopes of keeping things going regularly. I have so much to fill you guys in on, particularly a couple of trips I'll be taking this spring which I am so incredibly excited for! I've traveled a lot between Minnesota + Michigan ever since I was little and I've been to a handful of other states, but these two separate trips will be in states I've either never visited or I haven't had the chance to explore. I'll definitely have to clue you guys in at some point or another, but today I'd like to share with you something new I've been dreaming up for the blog. And that, is Fashionista Friday! Since I'm a fashionista and I adore anything to do with fashion, beauty or really anything girly, I thought I'd share with you ladies some of my favorite girly things! I'd like to range from not just fashion trends I've been loving or featuring a celebrity or fellow fashionista who is an inspiration to me, but also talking about my most recent beauty favorites + random things that I'd like to include, like fashion + beauty tips! If you end up enjoying this post and think it would be something you would continue enjoy reading, definitely let me know because I'm considering making this a monthly or even weekly series on the blog!


REVLON COLORSTAY EYESHADOW QUAD
I want to rave about this simply GORGEOUS eyeshadow quad I've been loving lately, especially this past week! It's the Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad in the color Decadent. The colors are perfect for my light skin tone and really helps achieve a bright, feminine look. I take the first two colors (the light, shimmery peach + warm, shimmery gold) and brush that over my entire eyelid with a wet brush, and then use the medium brown (the darkest shade in the quad) in my crease for definition. To finish off the look I use my favorite liquid liner and mascara.

BIG + BOUNCY CURLS
I don't curl my hair everyday, but I have gotten into the routine of curling my hair every Sunday for mass! It makes me feel more put together and then I have pretty curls for the next day or two before I shower again. I was really into beachy waves for awhile and I still love that look, but more recently have I liked big, bouncy curls. I still like my hair curled pretty loosely and not in ringlets, however with a little more structure than usual. To create these curls I use my trusty BedHead 1" curling wand to curl 1 inch pieces of hair (or even slightly more) for about 15 seconds, then holding each curl for approximately 10 seconds to set. Doing this step is super important if you want your curls to look more defined! Gently run your fingers through your curls to loosen slightly, and finish with a light hold hairspray.

POLKA DOTS
Polka dots are such a classic, fun pattern that I just can't get enough of! This ensemble is absolutely precious, but I also love this sweet dress. Whether worn on a dress, skirt, or even with just a hint of the dotted pattern on this navy dress that was made for spring, polka dots are definitely a great way to up the fun factor in any outfit, while still looking polished.

BOLD SUNNIES 
The thing I love about sunglasses is that there is such a variety of styles out there, enough to make any woman swoon whether she wants something classic or trendy, the options are almost endless. I've been crushing on these very Audrey Hepburn like sunnies here. Also check out these, which are simply darling! 1//2//3

TRENCH COATS 
The trench coat is a beautifully classic piece to own, and I've been on the hunt for one that is well-fitting and affordable. I don't personally think that is too much for a girl to ask, but alas I haven't found that treasure yet! I love this one but also like how this trench is styled by the adorable Hannah Everly!

And those are my fashion + beauty favorites for this Fashionista Friday! I hope you ladies enjoyed, have yourselves a lovely day. 



10 comments :

  1. Just reading this post was so springy (polka dots and sunnies? YES PLEASE)! Thanks for making my day a little brighter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is on it's way here in Minnesota, and I couldn't be more excited! ❤ Thank you for your lovely comments, Olivia! They always make me smile.

      Delete
  2. Always Disney music! And gah, I need me some big and bouncy curls. xD I wish I'd inherited my dad's curly hair, but I didn't (waa) although it sort of has the tendency to curl (I think it wants to but can't. waa again.) I just bought some shampoo for curly hair so I guess we'll see what happens. haha. As you can see, I lean more towards accidental fashion. If I happened to sleep on my hair/face right, then I guess it's a good day to go out. xD

    By the way, I have no idea if I've ever commented on your blog before but I wanted you to know that IT'S GORGEOUS. OMG. Following! :)

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh yeah, especially if it's from The Little Mermaid. ;) Oh girl your hair is AMAZING. I bet you could get a wave out of it at least. So much potential! If that shampoo doesn't work try the Curly Girl method, it works wonders.

      Thank you so much for commenting, it really made my day so much brighter! (Plus, it's always fun to meet someone with the same name!) Have a lovely day.❤

      Delete
  3. Girl! I love the idea of fashionista Fridays! Such a fun way to see what you've been loving and get some beauty/fashion inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so happy to hear that, Grace!❤

      Delete
  4. Yes for Fashionista Friday!!!!!!! I need to check out that eye shadow pallet, because it sounds perfect for me! Plus, you talked about polka dots AND Audrey Hepburn in this post, which makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy that you enjoyed this post Hannah, and you should definitely check out that eye shadow quad!

      Delete
  5. Fashionista friday ??? Yes please :) i love disney songs, they are full of joy. Polka dots are my favorite style .... Very girly. Great post dear ! Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and other social media. Have a lovely day dear :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! Thank you so much for your comment. ❤

      Delete