June 10, 2016

Fashionista Friday || Bright happy colors

Happy Fashionista Friday!

My life has been so incredibly busy lately that I haven't had time to spare for blogging, but a life update post is in the works so I promise you'll know more details about my life sometime this week. I have two trips to fill you in on + a few other exciting updates I can't wait to share with you gals! Today I'm thrilled to be writing another Fashionista Friday post, I have a mascara I'm particularly excited to rave about! But just in case you're new here (Welcome, girl!) or you missed my previous FF post which you can check out here, I'm basically sharing what I've really been loving whether it be cosmetics, clothing items, or even songs I've been jamming out to. These Fashionista Friday posts are where you'll find everything I've been recently crushing on!  


BRIGHT HAPPY COLORS 
The last couple of years I've been experimenting with different styles so I could find what I really truly loved to wear, and even if my style changes slightly as I age or for any other reason, I believe I've found what style of clothes make me happy to wear + make me feel confident in how I present myself to the world. And that is beautifully classic + feminine pieces with bright, happy pops of color! My favorite color especially this past month has been a gorgeously vivid pink, which I think is perfect for summertime. You can check out my color board on Pinterest here!

MAYBELLINE MASCARA 
Like I mentioned in the beginning of this post, there's a mascara I've recently tried out and that is the Lash Sensational mascara from Maybelline. For years my favorite mascara has been The Rocket mascara also from Maybelline, but after getting several recommendations for this one I thought I'd give it a try. First off, I LOVE the wand. It gives my lashes so much length + definition I hardly need any other makeup on my eyes. The product itself is a bit wet, but if I take my time it isn't a problem. So all in all? 9/10 recommend as an affordable, drugstore option.

PETER PAN COLLARS
Recently I've been really crushing on peter pan colors on blouses especially, just because it adds a beautiful interest to any regular top. Both of these white collared tops are just darling! 1/2

UPBEAT SUMMER TUNES 
My favorite song right now is most definitely Meghan Trainor's Better When I'm Dancing, it's super upbeat and not to mention adorable! What have you been listening to?

WEDGES 
Wedges are such a cute + fun addition to any summer wardrobe, and these here are no exception! I especially love the bright coral pair. The great thing about wedges is that you can dress them down with a pair of shorts or jeans, or dress them up with a skirt or dress! The options with wedges are pretty endless. 1/2/3/4


And that's it for today's Fashionista Friday post! I hope you girls enjoyed, tell me about your favorites down below! XOXO

8 comments :

  1. Nice to see a post from you Abbey! I love that photo of Essie nail polish-- I just picked up some of the summer collection today! :D
    -Lauren
    http://www.musingsofaflowerchild.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lauren! You're such a sweetie.

      Delete
  2. Mmm we should get some wedges.

    I like this kind: http://culturecheesemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MrsKirkhamsLancashire-wedge-750x368.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, YAAS on all of those things!!! I love bright colors, peter pan collars, and smiley tunes! Not to mention a good wedge (like I need to be any taller) and mascara, although I've always been a Covergirl mascara person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this just confirms that we're kindred spirits! Love ya, sweet Hannah!

      Delete
  4. I love bright happy colors as well!

    Grace
    golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete