October 22, 2016

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception



Hello, lovelies!

Just this last month, I had the incredible opportunity to travel by plane to the sunny state of Colorado. My trip was full of breathtaking mountaintop views, drives through pretty city streets, and amazing restaurants. But one of the greatest experiences of all was seeing the magnificent Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in downtown Denver. As soon as I stepped through those heavy wooden doors, I felt at home. I only had the opportunity to view the church, but I can only imagine how beautiful mass is in such an incredible place of worship. The marble floors, ornate stained glass windows, and statues of holy men and women were such beautiful sights. It is only natural that such beautiful things point to God, beauty Himself.


"TO FALL IN LOVE WITH GOD IS THE GREATEST ROMANCE; TO SEEK HIM THE GREATEST ADVENTURE; TO FIND HIM, THE GREATEST HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT."


ST. AUGUSTINE OF HIPPO


I'm really starting to understand that to be truly living a life with Christ, it isn't always taking one big leap of faith. I'm realizing it is several (sometimes really hard) steps I need to take to grow closer in my relationship with Him. God gave us the beautiful gift of free will, so each new day we have a choice, a choice to live out what we are all called to do which is to live in union with God. So I encourage you to be courageous and say YES to God's call with great passion and love in your heart, no matter what you're struggling with now. God is stronger than your difficulties. He may not take away the cross you were given, however He is a merciful and loving Father and will give you the necessary strength + grace needed to combat life's troubles. Pray, and Be Not Afraid.


Much love,
Abbey Noelle


4 comments :

  1. Sooooo gorgeous...what a beautiful setting to be able to lift your heart to Christ! And your thoughtful reflection is on point! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is beautiful. And I love that quote by St Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. What an absolutely gorgeous post, dear Abbey - I found myself lost in your pristine photographs & softly-lit words. It feels like such a gift to experience the visit vicariously through you, so I cannot imagine how much brightness you must have found when you visited. Thank you so much for sharing with us. A beautiful thing indeed. <3

    Topaz (Six Impossible Things)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Such beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete